ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBRARY CLOSURE
The Vose Library will be closed to the public until further notice to deter the spread of COVID-19 to our patrons and staff members.
- Wi-Fi–Please feel free to use our wi-fi connection from the parking lot in the privacy of your vehicle during daylight hours.
BOOK DROP OPENED MAY 26—BOOKS ONLY: Vose Library has moved into Stage 1 of our “Patron Access Plan”. The Book Drop is officially open, and we ask patrons to return their books to the book drop as soon as possible—to limit damage to AV materials, DVDS and Audiobooks will not be accepted for now. For the safety of our staff and patrons, all materials will go through a quarantine process before being returned to the collection shelves for borrowing. Your prompt return of our books will allow for a quicker turn around and also help us to return items that were on loan through the Interlibrary Loan program. We appreciate your patience during the past two months of our closure, and we will keep you posted on our plans to move toward Stage 2 of our Patron Access Plan.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ANNUAL PLANT AND BAKE SALE CANCELED:
In a continued effort to keep our volunteers and community members safe, the Vose Library has canceled its Annual Plant and Bake Sale. This yearly fundraiser is a significant contributor to the Library budget; please consider a donation to help enhance our services when we reopen. Thank you, and Stay Safe.
- RUNNING OF THE BLACK FLIES 5-K RUN, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2020: 5k run/walk to benefit the Vose Public Library in Union, Maine. Start and finish at Pour Farm Brewery (56 Crawfordsburn Lane Union, ME US 04862) and enjoy a pint at the finish (or non-alcoholic drink for runners under 21). For more information: https://www.thepourfarm.com/5k-race-2020
JOB OPENING AT VOSE LIBRARY:
The Vose Library is currently seeking a new Director:
ONGOING LIST OF IMPORTANT ONLINE RESOURCES
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL RESOURCES
Governor Mills Stay Healthy Home Mandate: https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills/news/governor-mills-issues-stay-healthy-home-mandate-2020-03-31
- Maine CDC: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml
- United States CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
- Maine CDC Daily Press Conference: https://livestream.com/
- Healthy Children: https://healthychildren.org
- Kids’ Health: https://kidshealth.org
- Good Shepard Food Bank of Maine: https://www.gsfb.org/get-help/food-map/
- FREE DOWNLOADABLE BOOKS & AUDIOBOOKS
- Maine Download Library: http://download.maineinfonet.org
- Audible for Students: stories.audible.com For as long as schools are closed, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
- STUDENT LEARNING RESOURCES
- Statewide Virtual Library Programs: https://maine-msl.libcal.com/calendar/pubevents/?cid=12840&t=d&d=0000-00-00&cal=12840&inc=0
- Science and Health: https://medlineplus.gov/childrenspage.html
- Digital Maine Library: Resources for teachers and young learners from kindergarten through college. https://library.digitalmaine.org/
- Museum/Zoos/etc.Tours for Families https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/travel/a31784720/best-virtual-tours/
- Virtual Coding Club for Kids with Vidcode (no charge during school closures): https://about.vidcode.com/virtual-coding-club
- CHILDREN’S STORY TIMES:
- Virtual Story Times with Authors: https://www.timeout.com/new-york-kids/news/virtual-storytimes-for-kids-authors-and-venues-go-online-amid-coronavirus-031620
- Lynn Plourde, Maine Children’s Author: https://www.lynnplourde.com/index.php/events
- American Ancestors: https://hubs.americanancestors.org/genealogy-getting-started-guide
- Ancestry Library: https://www.ancestrylibrary.com
WI-FI SERVICES DURING THE LIBRARY CLOSURE:
- Visit our Library to use our wifi from the parking lot during daylight hours:
The library is located at 392 Common Road in Union, Maine.
Get a map from Google or Bing.
WAYS TO CONTACT US DURING THE LIBRARY CLOSURE:
- Leave us a voicemail message (to be checked as able): Telephone: (207) 785-4733
- Email us (to be checked as able): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us: Facebook
- Mailing Address: Vose Library, PO Box 550, Union, ME 04862
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute PDF Embedder requires a url attribute