Interested in helping Vose Library? There are many ways to do so throughout the year, including donations, volunteering, fundraising, planned giving, and more!
Vose Library operates on a small annual budget. The opportunities to enrich the basic budget are endless! Here is how you can help your library better serve the citizens of Union:
- Sponsor the purchase of a book, audiobook, movie, or magazine subscription.
- Make a donation of equipment. The Library Director can tell you about our computer and technical equipment needs.
- Make a cash donation, by mail or online.
Mail to Vose Library, PO Box 550, Union ME 04862.
Donate online with a credit card through PayPal:
All donations are tax deductible and donors receive an acknowledgment which can be used for tax purposes. If you wish, your gift can be designated for a particular purpose, such as children’s books or programs.
Give of yourself and your time: we have lots of volunteer opportunities.
- Work at the front desk. A great opportunity for those who enjoy the public and are comfortable with computers.
- Help out behind the scenes, shelving books, processing new materials, or putting togther newsletters and other mailings.
- Put together a program. Plan an activity for children’s Storytime, or organize a program on a topic that interests you.
- Offer to serve on the Library Board of Directors or on one of the Committees. You will join a hard-working and fun group of people who really care about Vose Library and the Town of Union.
To find out more about volunteering at Vose Library, contact Jane Sigsbee at 785-2054.
Join the Ways and Means committee! These friends of the library undertakes several major fund-raising events each year, including the Plant and Bake Sale in early June and the Brian Cramer Memorial 5K in July. Proceeds from these events benefit the yearly operating budget, and may also used for special purchases to enhance library operations. Vose Library is indebted to our friends for many years of support and encouragement.
Would you like to pass on your gently used books or movies? (The library can only accept high-quality, relatively recent materials, due to space constraints. If you have questions, feel free to contact us.) Donated items may be added to the collection, added to the Mini Book Sale, or (if of special interest or value) sold with the proceeds used to benefit the Library.
We have an Amazon Wish List, one for kids, and one for movies.
Current best-sellers–Do you buy the latest releases ASAP? Help us keep up and save our budget!
Travel guides published within the last two years
Large Print books
Audio books on CD
Search and shop online and support the library! It’s free and simple–just shop for everyday items at over 700 stores in the iGive network, including Amazon, Staples, Best Buy and L. L. Bean, and a portion of each purchase automatically benefits Vose Library. iGive also donates a penny for every web search. Get started at www.igive.com/voselibrary.
Support the library when you shop through the free Amazon Smile program.
We encourage you to think of Vose Library in your will, and are happy to talk to you about ways to do so.
Vose Library is a nonprofit corporation. Financial support for the library comes from interest from endowment funds, an annual appropriation from the town of Union, grants, gifts from individuals, and income from fundraising projects of the volunteer Ways and Means Committee. Contributions and memorial gifts are welcome and greatly appreciated. All gifts to the library are tax deductible.